Who is responsible for Safeguarding at Victoria Primary School?
The Senior Designated Safeguarding Officer is Mr Craig Prestidge (Assistant Head).
His Designated Safeguarding Staff are Mr Gray (Head of School), Mrs Brook (Deputy Head), Miss Mousley (SENCo), Mrs Gigg (Counsellor) and Mrs Whistler (Early Help Assistant and Safeguarding Team PA).
The Governor with named responsibility for Safeguarding is Mr Richard Henderson.
All school staff have a level of training appropriate to their role.
What is Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children defined as?
- protecting children from maltreatment;
- preventing impairment of children’s mental and physical health or development;
- ensuring that children grow up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care; and
- taking action to enable all children to have the best outcomes.
What is "Child Protection"?
Child protection is a part of safeguarding and promoting welfare. It refers to the activity that is undertaken to protect specific children who are suffering, or are likely to suffer, significant harm.
What is "Early Help"?
Victoria Primary School recognises that providing "Early Help" is more effective in promoting the welfare of children than reacting later. "Early Help" means providing support as soon as a problem emerges, at any point in a child’s life.
What do safeguarding staff consider?
When considering concerns raised about a child, the National Assessment Framework is used:
What should I do if I have a concern about a child?
You can speak to any of the staff named at the top of this page.
Alternatively, you can find more information on these links:
- Nottingham City Council:
- Nottingham City Safeguarding Children's Board:
- Nottingham City Children's Social Care Services
- Child Line
- Summer Holiday Fun and Food
Information from Nottingham City Council (Whole School - 21/07/2020)
- School Newsletter
17th July 2020 (Whole School - 17/07/2020)
- Academy Trust Wellbeing Newsletter
Final Issue (Whole School - 16/07/2020)
- Nottingham Libraries Summer Events
Holiday Activity Ideas (Whole School - 14/07/2020)
- Recordings of Welcome Meetings from 8th July
New to Nursery, Reception and Year 1 (Whole School - 10/07/2020)