Who is responsible for Safeguarding at Victoria Primary School?
The Senior Designated Safeguarding Officer is Mrs Lynn Brook (Deputy Head).
Her Designated Safeguarding Staff are Mr Gray (Head of School), Miss Mousley (SENCo), Mrs Gigg (Counsellor) and Mrs Whistler (Early Help Assistant and Safeguarding Team PA).
The Governor with named responsibility for Safeguarding is Mr Richard Henderson.
All school staff have a level of training appropriate to their role.
What is Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children defined as?
- protecting children from maltreatment
- preventing impairment of children’s health or development
- ensuring children are growing up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care
- taking action to enable all children to have the best outcomes
What is "Child Protection"?
Child protection is a part of safeguarding and promoting welfare. It refers to the activity that is undertaken to protect specific children who are suffering, or are likely to suffer, significant harm.
What is "Early Help"?
Victoria Primary School recognises that providing "Early Help" is more effective in promoting the welfare of children than reacting later. "Early Help" means providing support as soon as a problem emerges, at any point in a child’s life.
What do safeguarding staff consider?
When considering concerns raised about a child, the National Assessment Framework is used:
What should I do if I have a concern about a child?
You can speak to any of the staff named at the top of this page.
Alternatively, you can find more information on these links:
- Nottingham City Council:
- Nottingham City Safeguarding Children's Board:
- Nottingham City Children's Social Care Services
- Child Line
- Friday 15th February – School Closed
School is closed for INSET (In-Service Training) (Whole School - 06/02/2019)
- Children’s phones and bed time
a reminder (Whole School - 06/02/2019)
- Congratulations, Mr Pickering!
He's a Dad! (Whole School - 06/02/2019)
- Celebration Assemblies
Change of timings (Whole School - 06/02/2019)
- Congratulations from our Member of Parliament
Improving SATs results (Whole School - 06/02/2019)